The booster association asks each family for a fair share assessment pledge to fund the costs to run the Band and Color Guard program for the year.
The school district only funds the band director’s salary, use of the band room and a small portion of instrument maintenance. This is the same funding profile as used by all other sports & activities (i.e. Football, CIBACS, MUN, Choir) for Edison High School.
Here is what your fair share assessment pays for:
- Bus and truck rental as well as fuel for competitions.
- Purchase of the music for each year’s field show and concert and percussion seasons.
- Paying for the drill choreography and writing for our specific Band and Color Guard size and function.
- Competition entry for fees marching season.
- Competition entry fees for winter guard and percussion winter season.
- Concert season venue rental fees.
- Booster operation expenses (i.e. insurance, tax prep, office supplies).
Most importantly, the fair share assessment funds section coaches. Each guard/wind/percussion section has personalized instruction to perform at their best ability. Like a football team that has quarterback and defense specialty coaches.
Thank you for financially supporting your students participation in the Edison HS Band and Color Guard programs.